Buttons attain esteemed rank of Eagle Scout

Joaquin Moralez, Contributor

Last Wednesday was a triumphant evening for three Central Catholic students.  Pictured above, from left to right, Junior Joaquin Moralez (Troop 444), Senior Michael Trevino (Troop 444), and Senior Cory Petri (Troop 445) were all approved at the Alamo Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America Board of Review for the rank of Eagle Scout.

Only three percent of all who join scouting ever achieve the esteemed rank of Eagle Scout. The rank requires the dedication of many years of hard work and learning, culminating in the execution and leadership of a major service project, which each scout must complete for the benefit of the community or an organization in need. While Scouting teaches a variety of life skills from outdoorsmanship and personal management to technology and law, perhaps the greatest teachings of scouting are the importance of service to God, country and community, and the emphasis on high ideals like preparedness, honesty, integrity and loyalty.

In ascending the ranks to Eagle Scout, these students join with others in the proud and enduring tradition of scouting at Central Catholic.  For those students who are still working toward the rank of Eagle Scout, work hard and don’t quit.

We honor and salute all boy scouts at Central Catholic High School, past, present and future.