Faculty celebrates Seniors of class of 2020

David Trevino, Editor

Since the unfortunate and abrupt end of the school year at Central, our community has gone lengths to ensure our senior class gets celebrated in the best way possible. From social media posts, to faculty members driving to every seniors house to drop off a special Central tee shirt, our seniors have felt the love from our school in a time where actions of love are imperative. Our community extended these efforts this past Friday in very cool fashion. Fatheads of every senior’s cap and gown pictures were hung up at the entrance of our school, making for a very cool, but most importantly celebratory scene. 

The portrait signs were put together and arranged in the grass Thursday morning, making sure they would be visible for the also celebratory Mother-Son event that would take place later that day. Several faculty members including Mrs. Sosa, Senora Garcia, Coach Nelson, and Mrs. Winston gathered at Central to assist in the putting up of the signs. With the class of 2020 being the largest class Central has seen in decades, this would definitely be no easy task. Math teacher Ms. Hanson gave a heartwarming response when asked why she took time out of her schedule to help put up the portraits saying, “it was so good to come together to do what teachers do best: which is support and celebrate our students”. 

The decision to hang up the senior portraits was one made in unity throughout our faculty, staff, and administration. In talking to Athletic Director Mr. Ybarra about the decision, he delivered a thoughtful response saying, “it was important to us as a faculty and staff to celebrate the class of 2020 on our campus, so that everyone that passes by can see a strong, united class”. Mr. Ybarra also added in a congratulating message saying, “We as a faculty and staff are very proud of everything the class of 2020 has accomplished in their 4 years at Central.” Even with all the trials of the current times, the class of 2020 still stands tall, resilient, and unified. 

With the end of the academic year becoming more and more visible for our senior class, it is nice to see all the efforts being put forth by our faculty and staff to help celebrate my classmates and I. I’m sure when putting up the fatheads, Mr. Ybarra jotted down all the names of all the boys not properly shaved, in hopes that he can one day call them out one last time. One last detention, military style. All jokes aside, this gesture from our community has been greeted with much appreciation, from the seniors who got to point out their enlarged faces, to all the mother’s who most likely gasped, “aww that’s my baby” upon seeing their son’s senior portrait.

Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler
Mr. Cassler