Awards assembly honors student academicians

Ernesto Gomez, Staff Writer

To celebrate their academic achievements, Central students gathered in the historic gym after school and were awarded for their studious accomplishments.

“I’m grateful for the time and dedication our school puts into out academics. Our administrators help by awarding us with different academic awards, like the cum laude awards. They also recognize those who went above and beyond in their academic achievement which I appreciate,” said Blake Zertuche, sophomore and Summa Cum Laude award recipient regarding his appreciation for the awards assembly.

After a welcome from Ms. Marcha and an opening prayer from Father Sean Downing, scholars were awarded for their outstanding scores on AP exams. The awards given were as the following: AP Scholar, who received scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP exams; AP Scholar with Honor, who receive an average of at least a 3.25 on all AP exams taken and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams; AP Scholar with Distinction, who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.

“The achievements of my classmates prove what has been known of Central Catholic. People in the San Antonio community know that Central Catholic is a prestigious college preparatory school. The achievements that were won officially recognize the hard work of my classmates,” said Richard Dunn, senior, and the only AP Scholar with Distinction of the 2020 class.

After awarding AP scholars, the honor roll was awarded for the maintenance of their high GPA’s. The awards given were as follows: Cum Laude, given to those with a semester GPA from 3.695 to 3.3; Magna Cum Laude, given to those with a semester GPA from 4.295 to 3.696; Summa Cum Laude, given to those with a semester GPA above a 4.3.

“I was very proud of the achievements of all our students,” said teacher, Mr. Delgado about his feeling towards student accomplishments.

We recognize and congratulate all those who were awarded for their outstanding academic performances.

Mr. Cassler
Ernesto Gomez
Ernesto Gomez
Ernesto Gomez
Ernesto Gomez
Ernesto Gomez