BREAKING: AP Government teacher out next semester, accepts job at the Alamo

Image: Gower Brown via Unsplash

Esteban Serrano, Lead Editor

This is breaking news from The Pep- Alexander Rivard, AP Government, Macroeconomics, and Social Studies teacher, will be out next semester from his current position at Central Catholic. His newest work opportunity will be down the street at Alamo Plaza, where he will become the new Director of Curriculum and Instruction at the historic landmark.

The news just being released at 12:34 pm CDT this afternoon, via the Aeries Communication system from Academic Dean, Beatriz Mora.

A statement from Rivard was released in the announcement, where he expressed his gratitude, primarily to parents in the community and making the guarantee of a smooth transition in January:

“While thrilled about the opportunities that lie ahead, I am sad that I won’t get to teach your sons next semester. My relationship with students has always been important to me, and helping them learn five days a week is a privilege I am going to miss. I leave with an enormous sense of gratitude to the boys and to Central for fostering my growth as an educator since 2015.

Future opportunities aside, I want to do all I can to ensure future success for the boys as well as whoever takes my place. I plan to work with the boys and Central to make the transition to next semester as seamless as possible and to ensure success on the AP Government test in May.”

Mora did also release a statement of her own, saying:

“We do have several great candidates for his position already.  We plan to hire during the upcoming break and have the new instructor in place within the first few days of the semester.”

She also encourages anyone to reach out if they may have concerns or questions. We will bring you developing updates once they become available.