The Pep

• March 2Academic Team earns 1st Place in Mathematics at Somerset

• February 28Golf Team brings home gold from Smithson Valley Stampede

• February 23Baseball dominates in SAISD tournament, advancing to 4-0

Archbishop shares message of faith in Jesus Christ at Catholic Schools Week Mass

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Cassler, Adviser

The meaning in every Mass we celebrate at Central Catholic is remembering the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, our Savior. Our Mass last week, during Catholic schools week, focused on Catholic education and its transformative power.  Archbishop Gustavo delivered a clear message that our hope, even in the most difficult of times, is always in the person of Jesus Christ, who is our redeemer. The Archbishop also spoke about the power of faith, and that even having the faith the size of a mustard seed can allow that faith to grow, mature, and change things for the better.

A memorable and meaningful moment from the Mass was when Paul Garro asked Father Sean to offer a blessing for the Archbishop. Father Sean recalls: “It brought back great memories of the day the Archbishop ordained me at the University of Dayton. It reminded me that the call of being a priest is to be the Good Shepherd of leading all to Christ and never giving up even when times are tough. It was humbling to bless Archbishop Gustavo who is an excellent model for leadership, and a Good Shepherd for our Church.”

Andrew Ponce

Andrew Ponce

Andrew Ponce