CCHS team enters Bexar County High School Film Festival

Mr. Cassler, Adviser

Central Catholic was invited this year to participate in the Bexar County High School Film Festival (bchsff.org), an annual event that is sponsored by TRL Productions. Area high school student film teams are tasked with the challenge of producing a short three minute film that presents a non-profit organization, its purpose, its challenges, etc. Each participating team is paired with a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in Bexar County serving one of six community needs:

1. Arts, culture and humanities, 2. Education and research, 3. Environment and animals, 4. Health, 5. Human services, 6. Public, societal benefit.

Each team will produce a three-minute video supporting the nonprofit’s main mission. Fundraising, volunteer recruitment, mission overview, service explanations, personality profiles and facility tours are among appropriate topics.

The Central Catholic film team, led by Faculty Team Leaders Mr. Azano and Mr. Cassler, is comprised of the following students: Film Director: Rob Smith, Videographer: Leo Gallegos, and Film Production Assistants Joseph Zamora and Jude Garcia (sophomore). The team was paired with the non-profit organization Wayward Whiskers, run by Executive Director Sherry Pfau, a committed group that specializes in rescuing and caring for special needs cats and educating the public about the conditions, welfare and care of cats with special needs such as FIV and FeLV.

The team completed their film this weekend, and would like to invite any who might like to attend the premier of these area high school films on April 17 at the Santikos Mayan theatre. Doors open at 6:30, and award presentations begin at 7:30. Please use the link below to the online service Eventbrite to order tickets for the premier. We would love to see the Central Catholic community show up to support this team effort.

Tickets to the premiere are available on Eventbrite.