Quiz Bowl Contestants Get Put to the Test!

Area middle schoolers match wits

Quiz Bowl competitors are working diligently on the Language Arts test.
Mr. Cassler

On Saturday, May 7, Central Catholic hosted the 2016 Quiz Bowl, which allowed 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students from area schools to compete and match their wits against other students in their grade levels.

Teams from various schools first gathered in the cafeteria, getting organized before testing was to begin. Students were called to the gymnasium, where they would complete testing in numerous subjects including Math, Language Arts, Current Events, Number Sense, Social Studies, and Religion.

The student scantron cards from each test were scored and those students with the highest scores were chosen to compete in the final Quiz Bowl and represent their school for their grade level. The winning teams were 6th Grade: Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and second, St. George Episcopal. 7th Grade winners were: St. George Episcopal , and second, St. Anthony. 8th Grade winners were: St. George Episcopal, and second, Team 2 from Providence Catholic School.

Quiz bowl competitors.
Mr. Cassler
Quiz bowl competitors.

The event was coordinated by Academic Team adviser, Mrs. Uriegas, and emcee for the Quiz Bowl competition was Mr. Trigilio, who guided the students through a rigorous set of questions.

Quiz Bowl emcee Mr. Trigilio and Academic Team adviser Mrs. Uriegas oversee the competition.
Mr. Cassler
Art Teacher and art judge, Ms. Stokes, goes through some of the painting submissions in the Art contest.
Mr. Cassler

Special thanks go out to Margie from the Maintenance staff, Mrs. Martinez, Bro. Burkholder, and many students from the Academic Team who gave their time and assistance to help make this Quiz Bowl a big success.