The student news site of Central Catholic High School in San Antonio, Texas

The Pep

• August 27Buttons Rout Rockets 35-6 in Season Opener

• May 1Poetry Slam provides plethora of profound poems!

• May 1English Department sponsors 2nd successful Book Fair

Sergeant Bradford Brings Military Expertise to CCHS

Huy Nguyen, Staff Writer

Sergeant First Class (SFC.) Bradford (U.S. Army Retired), a LET 1 Instructor at Central Catholic, served twenty years in the United States Army.  During his military career, he served in several different locations, but primarily he served in Schofield, Hawaii. While serving in Hawaii, he served as a member of 1st Battalion of the 21st Infantry, also known as the Gimlets.    He was deployed to locations such as Hawaii, Colorado, Missouri and Germany.  The military affected SFC Bradford’s life tremendously by strengthening him in mind, body and spirit, enhanced his social skills with others,  allowed him to appreciate the United States and the world, and it gave him a chance to interact with different nationalities.  Finally, the brotherhood within the military is stronger than one might think.  SFC Bradford remembers the brotherhood within the military as being rock-solid because everyone had to protect each other’s back and everyone had to depend on each other.  SFC Bradford is still connected with his friends from the Armed Forces even to this day, proving that the brotherhood of the U.S. Army lasts forever.

1762 Total Views 3 Views Today